Monday, June 20, 2011

POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING

     When I began my quest to be a Registered Physical Therapist, I started like everyone else. I have a dream so I made some plans and have taken lots of contingency measures on how to attain it. Allow me to share with you my GOAL and what I did to obtain it.
      It was stated in a book by Napoleon Hill,  The Law of Success: The Master Wealth-Builder's Complete and Original Lesson Plan forAchieving Your Dreams that the main cause of failure is having no definitive chief aim in life or failure to set clear attainable goals and plans to accomplish this goals. The keynote of this lesson is having no definite objective towards which to strive. You should not drift aimlessly. Having this definite chief aim will affect the subconscious mind, thus leading towards the attainment of the objective. Hill also emphasizes the importance of writing down your definite chief aim and goals to achieve it in a clear concise way.
     What I did was that I make my goal clear and I verbalize it to the world every waking day during the span of my review and that is "I will pass the NPTE and have that License!" I wrote these words in bold letters inside my room and in my notes. I remind myself of these words each time I encounter problems during the processing of my credentials and especially during the final months before the NPTE. Yes, I encountered the delays that all us foreign graduates have endured yet still my eyes was set on my goal. I know the Lord and the universe hears what my heart has been shouting and yearning about.
     I devise things that will help remind me of my goal like what I did at the forum wherein I initiated the NPTE-i countdown. Some don't like it but others also get the feel of the nearing challenge. It was not posted to scare someone but it was made to counter check one's preparedness.A sort of a constant notice to myself that THE DAY is getting near so I need to stay focused and attuned with my program. Having a Definite Chief Aim enables and urges me to discover, organize, coordinate and put into use all the acquired knowledge gained from experience and my review.
     I strengthened my Self Confidence. "YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN." According to the The Law of Success In Sixteen Lessons by Napoleon Hill, he states that Fear is the chief reason for poverty and failure. Therefore, the person who masters fear will SUCCEED. The development of self confidence begins with the elimination of fear. Hill discusses the origins of fear and lists the six basic fears: Poverty, Old Age, Criticism, Loss of Love, Ill Health, and Death. Hill teaches that the most effective way to fight these fears is organized knowledge. Ignorance and fear are twins that are found together. To eliminate fear, eliminate ignorance. Hill provides a formula for developing self-confidence, using autosuggestion, along with persistence, the development of a good habits and having a clearly stated definite purpose.
     " BELIEVE IN YOURSELF BUT DO NOT TELL THE WORLD. SHOW IT!
     You can eliminate fear through diligent study and continuous effort. Initiate a relationship with your books. Consider them as friends and partners. Studying should not be viewed as a labor because you will need all these knowledge once you are alone facing the patient. These knowledge will empower us to decide competently as a clinician.
     There are times during the course of ones review that you would deviate from the intended program but always make it a point not to lose focus. Once you have that goal and have set your eyes and mind stubbornly on it I know and I believe that as the days counts down to that judgement day you will have that confidence.

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    For 2012 test takers, will 2011 (O'sullivan) NPTE book work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about the reviewer? Yes I believe it will still be applicable because for next year's NPTE because the basics are not changing and these basics are the foundation of our success. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really positive thinking has a great power. I am agree with you. We can achieve any thing if we have great determination to get through.

    ReplyDelete