Thursday, June 16, 2011

THE NPTE PRACTICE TESTS

     The first time I took a practice test was way before I started my review last April 2010. The reason I did this is that I wanted to have a baseline knowledge and to assess how much I have retained. As expected, I got a low score but that didn't budge me from my goal of passing the NPTE. Using the baseline score I formulated my review and it delivered results.
     I used my baseline score as a reflection of my weak and strong points then I created and structured my review based on my performance analysis. I know that I won't be able to read all the references but I have to get the most out of the books that I have. I have known my shortcomings, so I have to devise an effective strategy to overcome my dilemma of low scores. 
     By January and February of this year, I started taking practice exams again and there was an improvement but not that remarkable. I read the rationale and did some research on particular topics that I find difficult. Using the exam analysis results I restructured my review again and made contingency plans and formulated new objectives to reach that acceptable and secured practice exam result.
     I suggest that if you are using 2011 NPTE (National Physical Therapy Examination) Review & Study Guide as your main reviewer it is better that you take the practice test of other reviewers such as McGraw-Hill's NPTE (National Physical Therapy Examination) (Lange), McGraw-Hill's NPTE (National Physical Therapy Examination) (Lange) etc. in order to expose yourself to a variety of question structures and styles. It is recommended that you take these practice exams at full to have a better feel of the exam which is 5 long hours. NPTE is a test of endurance so you have to train yourself to sit in front of a computer with your full attention at least once or twice a week 5-6 weeks before THE DAY. You need to practice pacing and budgeting your time so that on the actual examination you would know if you have allotted so much time in a particular item or you if you have behaved yourself like a speed demon. Beware also of frequently changing your answers.
     You need to use these practice tests to your full advantage. Don't just go over the hard copies to read the correct answers and memorize it. It is better and more helpful if you take these test and fully enjoy its purpose. Memorizing the answers of the practice test will not guarantee passing the NPTE it will only guarantee passing that particular practice test.
     For re-takers, I recommend that you avail Performance Feedback Report. You can request this at FSBPT for a fee and it is a good investment. This way you can better understand how you perform in the past exam, it will also enable you to create concrete and effective changes with your review. For first timers, if you want to have an in-depth analysis of your score you can try Scorebuilders Online Advantage. I have availed it and it was very useful.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment